Friday, July 29, 2016

Red Eyes - Part One

WARNING: This is a Horror Story. Do not read if you get scared. This is a highly suspenseful story and is not suggested for younger children. Otherwise, ENJOY >:)

The only sound was the TV. I had been watching the news channel for a good half-hour. Usually, the news wasn't my choice. But today was a little different. There had been reports of penguins disappearing throughout the country. The news reporter on the screen was beginning to black out...a problem with the television? The last thing I heard was, "Before they vanished, there had been reports of strange calls..." and the screen was gone. About 4 minutes later, I received a call. Probably the cable company calling to help me out with this blacked out screen, I thought. I picked up the phone. "Well, this call's a bit late, isn't it?" I said. But I didn't hear a response to my question. The person on the other end of the line spoke, "Red Eyes is in your country....", and the phone hanged up. Just a wrong number, probably. Thinking nothing of it, I simply looked up the news on my phone. The reporter said, "Penguins continue to recede from the state, mysteriously. It has made it's way to our sta.....aaate......." Now my phone was bugging out! It was fading into black and sometimes bugged out. Another call. I picked up the phone. I raised it so I could hear, but said nothing. 
"Red Eyes is in your state."
Well, now I was surprised. Impressed and slightly freaked out, I got on my computer. I pressed the glowing power button, and waited for it to start up. I first visited my e-mail. One new message. I clicked on it and read the message out loud...
"Red Eyes is in your neighborhood."
My computer screen was then blacked out suddenly. Now I was officially ready for another call. It wouldn't be a surprise when my phone was ringing again. And, of course, it did. How could this "Red Eyes" get any closer? That question was about to be answered when the phone began to ring again...but I didn't pick it up. What fool would let someone keep giving them shocks voluntarily? Not me. But the phone picked up ITSELF. As if the ring didn't happen, the call went straight to the message.
"Red Eyes is on your front porch."
I didn't dare look out the window. I ran up the stairs and hid. What was coming next wasn't anything I knew. Who it would be was not something I knew either.There was sudden creaking up the stairs, and then a voice...
"Red Eyes is up your stairs."
 ~TO BE CONTINUED~

No comments:

Post a Comment